The Associated Press Terms and Conditions of Use
Please Read These Terms and Conditions of Use Before Using This Web Site.
1. Use of this Web site is conditioned on the acceptance, without modification, of all terms and
conditions of this agreement. By using this Web site you represent that you have read and understand
the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as set forth below.
2. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS ("AP") reserves the right at its discretion to modify the terms and conditions
under which this Web site is offered. Use of this Web site after the posting of any such modification
constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions as modified.
3. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Web site and do not wish to be bound by them,
please do not use this Web site or download any materials from this Web site.
4. All material ("Materials") displayed or transmitted on this site, including but not limited to text,
photographs, images, illustrations, video clips, audio clips, and graphics are owned by AP or its members,
and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary
rights, laws and treaties.
5. Except as provided in this agreement, you may not copy, reproduce, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, rent,
modify, create derivative works from, distribute, repost, perform, display, or in any way commercially exploit
the Materials carried on this site, nor may you infringe upon any of the copyrights or other intellectual
property rights contained in the Materials. You may not remove or alter, nor cause to be removed or altered,
any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices or visual marks and logos from the Materials.
6. You may make a single print copy of any of the Materials carried by AP on this Web site for personal,
non-commercial use only, provide that you do not remove nor cause to be removed any copyright, trademarks,
or other proprietary notices or visual marks or logos from the Material. You may not archive or retain any
of the Materials accessed on this Web site without the express written permission of AP. All requests for archiving,
republication or retention of any part of the Materials must be in writing to AP clearly stating the purpose and manner
in which the Material will be used. Requests for permission to archive, retain, or republish any part of the Materials
may be submitted to Copyright, The Associated Press, 450 West 33rd Street, New York, New York 10001 or by fax to (212) 621-5488.
7. You acquire no rights or license whatsoever in the Materials other than the limited rights to use the site
in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any of the Materials accessed or downloaded from this site must
be accessed or downloaded in accordance with the terms and conditions of use specified in this agreement.
AP reserves any rights not expressly granted under these terms and conditions of use.
8. AP reserves the right to modify, update, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use of or access to this Web
site or any portion of this Web site, at any time and without notice or liability.
9. ALTHOUGH ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CARRIED ON THIS WEB SITE IS BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, AP MAKES NO
REPRESENTATION, NEITHER EXPRESSLY NOR IMPLIEDLY, AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY
OF THE MATERIALS OR ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE. BY USING THIS WEB SITE OR BY RELYING ON ANY OF THE
MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CARRIED ON THIS WEB SITE YOU ASSUME ALL THE RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY ARISING OUT OF
USE OR RELIANCE ON THIS WEB SITE. AP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT
NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT.
AP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF
OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE OR ANY MATERIALS CARRIED ON THIS WEB SITE.
10. This Web site may from time to time contain links or pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties.
AP does not operate or control in any way any information, products or services on these third-party sites and AP
expressly disclaims any responsibility for such third-party sites, which are provided for your convenience on an
"as is" basis without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
11. This agreement will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without
regard to its conflicts of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and
federal courts located in New York County in the State of New York, and any cause of action which arise from
use of this Web site or from interpretation of these terms and conditions must be filed in the state and federal
courts located in New York County, State of New York. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful,
void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and
shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Any remaining provisions shall be
given effect to the fullest extent possible.
12. This constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the terms and conditions of use of this
13. All e-mail sent to the e-mail addresses of the AP becomes the property of AP. AP reserves the right, but
shall not be obligated to, publish any email message received, in whole or in part, or make such other use as
AP in its sole discretion sees fit.